You have this dynamite worker who can only be described as an extrovert and seems to have the qualities you wished you had. But are they the best person to promote to management? Depends on how they get things done.
Benefits of Extroverts in the Workplace
If they are bubbly and happy it can be infectious. Not a bad thing, as this can help to motivate others who might be slow starters in the morning.
• Can the extrovert be serious when a crisis arises and not over-react with knee-jerking decisions?
• Do they feel their way is the smartest or do they stop and consider a good long-term solution?
• Sometimes a solution has to be quick to avoid a major crisis, are they good at quick responses?
• They are highly charged around people and thrive on the energy of others.
• Do they dominate without giving others a chance to talk or make decisions?
• Are they patient with introverts and do they understand them? Introverts understand extroverts, as they are aware of things and people that surround them.
• Need to learn the skills of being focused with single task issues by themselves.
What we learn and the people who influence us as we grow up has a huge impact on what we believe.
Is it the truth?
What is real or false or is it somewhere in between?
Talks end when someone leaves no room for any discussion of opinions other than their own. The facts or fiction they know as their own truth.
Can we agree on disagreeing? Even that seems difficult for some folks.
Tell me what you believe and be open to what I might assume. Possible, we are not both wrong, your opinion may have merit, so could mine. There can be a common ground.
As a copywriter:
I help businesses grow through marketing.
Bringing products and services to the world.